DescriptionGeneral Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a patient-inspired, results oriented and collaborative sales professional for its Senior Therapeutic Business Manager (TBM), Psychiatry position. This critical role will help a product launch in Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) & Post-Partum Depression (PPD). Along with executing all sales promotional activity in their territory, they will have a key role in leading, developing, and executing the territory sales strategy; analyzing key business drivers and trends; building effective cross-functional and cross-regional partnerships; and ensuring execution of their business plan. In addition, the TBM will work closely with local key opinion leaders. This position requires adaptability and the capacity to find success through ambiguity, problem solving and project management in an innovative and compliant manner. This individual will be an essential component to the success of the commercial vision and help build an organization led by science driven to improve the lives of patients and families.
Roles and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
Key Cities: Greensboro, Winston Salem
- Achieves the territory goals through effective business planning, sales execution and fully leveraging our customer selling model.
- Promotes a customer-centered culture that strives to exceed customer needs, requirements, and expectations by educating and developing rapport with external customers.
- Embraces Sage’s culture of compliance and ensures that all activities are fully compliant with Sage policies and procedures, applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards and are aligned with Our Values, including putting patients and their families first.
- Identifies & builds relationships with key stakeholders in target accounts.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of disease state and treatment options and their impact on patients, payers, institutions, health systems and healthcare providers.
- Builds awareness and educates stakeholders on MDD and PPD.
- Analyzes the market to understand the local healthcare environment (reimbursement, coverage, healthcare delivery models, transitions in care and patient pathways) and uses this knowledge to identify and leverage business opportunities.
- Collaborates with matrix teams (Market Access, Trade, Marketing, etc.) to execute on strategies.
- Ability to think critically to navigate complexities in patient care pathways and sites of care.
- Problem solver and willingness to think creatively to achieve solutions.
- Leading without authority to accomplish necessary business with others both internally and externally.
- Identify and engage KOL support.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, ability to identify issues and raise to key stakeholders in order to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations.
- BA/BS degree required.
- 5+ years related experience in the biotechnology sales, marketing, or operations experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in specialty biopharmaceutical sales preferred.
- Experience in specialty categories such as Women’s Health, CNS, Brain Health and their treatment options strongly preferred.
- Consistent track record of top sales performance including recognition for achievement/overachievement of sales goals.
- Deep local market knowledge preferred.
- Strong analytical and computer capabilities to analyze the market, evaluate customer needs and objectives and outline business opportunities.
- Ability to create territory plans to engage customers in areas of mutual interest; aligns internal stakeholders on plans of action and coordinates account and company resources to execute.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented preferred.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors preferred.
- Embrace Sage core values: Put People First, Improve Lives, Cultivate Curiosity, Do Right, Forge New Pathways.
- Excitement and commitment to the vision and mission of Sage.
Benefits and Compensation
The base salary hiring range for this position is $120,000 - $165,000.*
- The actual salary offered within the range is dependent on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, relevant experience, qualifications, education, skills, and performance.
- This position is eligible to participate in the Sales Incentive plan; the amount of incentive varies based on performance and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the sales incentive program.
- To support your well-being, we offer a comprehensive benefits and wellness package, which includes medical, dental, and vision coverage upon hire. More information can be found in our Benefits Guide.
Job ID: R001757
#Biotechnology #Careers #ThisIsSage
All Sage new hires will be required to provide documentation that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or, if not, that they are legally entitled to an accommodation due to a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and Sage will consider, among other things, whether the proposed accommodation would create an undue hardship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
EEO IS THE LAW
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We value our relationships with professional recruitment firms. To protect the interests of all parties, and given the large volume of inquiries received from third-party placement agencies, we are not able to respond to all agency inquiries. We do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates for current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of a signed agreement between our company and a placement agency does not create an implied obligation and, if an unsolicited candidate represented by a placement agency is hired, we are not obligated to pay a fee. Only approved recruitment firms will be allowed to provide services to Sage Therapeutics, Inc.
Employment applications are processed through a website that is not owned or controlled by Sage Therapeutics, Inc. Sage Therapeutics, Inc. makes no representation as to the accuracy of the information contained on websites it does not own or control. Sage Therapeutics, Inc. does not recommend and does not endorse the content of any third-party websites. Your use of third-party websites is at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such sites.