General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is seeking an experienced Senior Medical Director to play a key role in the Early Development Team at Sage. Working with cross-functional teams and external collaborators, the Senior Medical Director will take a leadership role in the creation and execution of early clinical development plans and in the development of strategies that will ultimately lead to global approvals of Sage’s products. This high-visibility role relates to the leading program in Sage’s Early Development portfolio.
To be successful in this role, the individual will be a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker who is self-motivated, has a strong work ethic and operates with a high degree of professional integrity. Additionally, the individual must be able to build relationships and influence decision-making while managing to pre-specified timelines. The candidate will be expected to thrive in the dynamic environment of a successful and growing company and to develop positive collaborations with contract research organizations, academic institutions, and nonprofit organizations.
• For assigned programs, represents Medical Science on the Program Team as the Program Medical Lead. Accountable and responsible for the medical input to integrated development plans prepared by the Program Team and the clinical development plans that underpin them.
• For assigned programs, leads the Clinical Sub Team of the Program Team. Accountable and responsible for driving the execution of the clinical development plan.
• For assigned programs, accountable for the study design of clinical trials in Early Development, leading on the preparation of clinical study synopses and being a major contributor to the writing of protocols/major amendments, the design of data collection systems, interpretation of clinical data, and the preparation of final clinical study reports. Engages with external experts and organizations as needed to achieve these aims.
• Key contributor to regulatory strategies and authors and/or reviews appropriate regulatory documents.
• Accountable and responsible for the ongoing assessment of benefit/risk including support of adverse event reporting and safety management, under the direction of the DSPV function.
Experience, Education & Specialized Knowledge/Skills
The successful candidate must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient in that setting. Must excel in a multidisciplinary environment as an integral leader and provide medical science leadership within assigned teams. Ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations is essential. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong problem-solving ability, and attention to detail and quality are critical to success.
Specific requirements include but are not limited to:
• Medical degree (MD)
• 5-10 years bio/pharmaceutical industry experience in drug development
• Knowledge of Neurology and/or Psychiatry.
• NDA and/or MAA experience strongly preferred.
• Phase 1 through launch experience preferred.
• Deep knowledge and understanding of the drug development process including technical, business, and regulatory issues.
• Diplomacy and professionalism, ‘clicking’ easily with the company and leadership, with the foresight and savvy to contribute to the corporate goal of becoming a leader in CNS disorders and bringing medicines to patients.
• Highly motivated, decisive and results-oriented individual with the flexibility and creativity to excel in and contribute to a rapidly growing company.
• Able to command respect from peers and subordinates alike, capable of highly-independent work as well as being a team player and role model.
• Able to effectively interface with clinical operations, regulatory, and other disciplines.
• Excellent verbal and written skills, allowing for open and effective dialogue throughout the Company.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects, and proactively identify and resolve issues.
• Ability to influence without authority, lead change and manage resistance to change.
• Must be able to solicit information, persuade others and shape outcomes.
• Must have the passion and ability to forge and nurture key partnerships and collaborations with the external scientific community, including academia, governmental organizations, nonprofit organizations and CROs.
• Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage.
Benefits and Compensation
The base salary hiring range for this position is $253,752 - $348,909.*
- The actual salary offered within the range is dependent on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, relevant experience, qualifications, education, skills, and performance.
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan; the bonus varies based on performance and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program.
- To support your well-being, we offer a comprehensive benefits and wellness package, which includes medical, dental, and vision coverage upon hire. More information can be found in our Benefits Guide.
Job ID: R001625
#Biotechnology #Careers #ThisIsSage
All Sage new hires will be required to provide documentation that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or, if not, that they are legally entitled to an accommodation due to a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and Sage will consider, among other things, whether the proposed accommodation would create an undue hardship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
EEO IS THE LAW
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We value our relationships with professional recruitment firms. To protect the interests of all parties, and given the large volume of inquiries received from third-party placement agencies, we are not able to respond to all agency inquiries. We do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates for current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of a signed agreement between our company and a placement agency does not create an implied obligation and, if an unsolicited candidate represented by a placement agency is hired, we are not obligated to pay a fee. Only approved recruitment firms will be allowed to provide services to Sage Therapeutics, Inc.
Employment applications are processed through a website that is not owned or controlled by Sage Therapeutics, Inc. Sage Therapeutics, Inc. makes no representation as to the accuracy of the information contained on websites it does not own or control. Sage Therapeutics, Inc. does not recommend and does not endorse the content of any third-party websites. Your use of third-party websites is at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such sites.